Looking to get a more natural and hydrated look? Lip fillers from Misk Beauty can help. Our lip filler treatments and dermal fillers for lips are designed to give you the perfect pout, with long-lasting results that won’t leave your lips feeling dry. Book your session today to get started!
What are lip fillers?
Lips have long been regarded as one of the most vital and appealing aspects of our faces. Lip fillers and lip injections can be used to restore shape and volume to our lips for a more natural, hydrated look, associated with youth and beauty. We recognised the increased demands for lip shaping and volumizing in our customers, so we offer lip filler treatments here at Misk Beauty.
What are they used for?
Lip fillers are dermal fillers that are used for lip enhancement. With lip fillers, you can add volume to your lips, enhance your lip shape, plump your lips, or correct imperfections such as asymmetry, fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth. Lip fillers are an ideal solution for people with annoying fine lines and wrinkles in that region or people with poorly shaped or thin lips. Since lip fillers are an affordable and safe way to have more symmetry or better lip shape, they are gaining popularity.
Types of lip fillers
There are several types of lip fillers available on the market, but they all work similarly. The most commonly used lip fillers are made from hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance that helps keep skin moisturized and plump. Other materials used in lip filler include calcium hydroxylapatite and polylactic acid, both of which can help improve the volume of the lips.
Depending on the type of filler used, results can last anywhere from 9-24 months or longer.
Lip Fillers at Misk Beauty
Below are some useful bits of information about the lip shaping & volumizing treatments you might find interesting.
- Lip fillers and injections can be used to enhance the lips to make them more proportionate to the rest of our face.
- Numbing cream or a local anaesthetic (nerve block) can be used to reduce discomfort.
- Treatment can be performed using a needle or cannula.
- Using only premium dermal filler, the treatment is very safe with minimal side effects.
- Results of lip shaping treatment are instant!
- It’s normal to have some swelling after the treatment, this usually goes down after a few days.
- The lip filler or enhancement treatment usually lasts 9-12 months but can last even longer if done in stages to achieve a longer-lasting natural look.
- There is no downtime and most people can carry on their day as usual after the treatment.
What are the main benefits of lip fillers?
If you’re still having doubts about whether lip enhancement is for you or not, we can emphasise a few main benefits of lip fillers:
- Safe treatment with minimum side effects – lip enhancement treatments are relatively safe, with little side effects, except for some swelling and minor bruising, which is normal.
- Quick results – full treatment results can be shown in up to 2 weeks.
- Ideal for experimenting– since lip fillers are not permanent, you can use the treatment as an experiment to see how it feels like.
- Long-lasting – they usually last up to 9-18 months, but maintenance treatments are advised every 9-12 months.
- Customised results – the treatment can be tailored to your needs and give you the effects you want.
How do lip fillers work?
Since most lip fillers are made with hyaluronic acid (HA) which is naturally produced in our bodies, treatments with lip fillers are safe. Unlike fat or collagen injections, with lip fillers containing hyaluronic acid, we can gradually increase the volume to get the desired results.
Therefore, it can give a more natural lip look, helping you get a better lip shape and texture and removing fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth.
Factors that affect the results of your lip filler treatment
Many factors can affect the results of your lip filler treatment. These include the experience of your provider, their skill set and technique, the type of product used, and any pre-existing medical conditions.
The location of the injection site is also important—the goal is to achieve a symmetrical, natural look with the injections placed in specific areas for optimal outcomes.
What to expect at our clinic?
Before your treatment, you’ll have a thorough consultation with one of our aesthetician experts to understand your lip goals, expectations and effects you want to achieve. Also, during the consultation, we will try to determine whether lip filler treatment would be safe for you or not taking into consideration your previous medical history.
Once we gather all relevant info from you, we will suggest the best treatment options for you to consider, and explain potential risks and complications. Also, you’ll get advice on what to do before and after treatment so it can all go hassle-free.
At Misk Beauty, we combine a variety of advanced techniques to give you a natural and enhanced look while minimising side effects, bruising and complications.
More useful information about our treatments can be found here.
What our clients say
Frequently asked questions
How to prepare for the treatment?
Avoid intense physical activity, and large alcohol consumption 24 hours before the treatment, as it can increase bruising.
What can I eat or drink after the treatment?
You can eat normally after the lip treatment. However, avoid food that requires lots of chewing in the first 24 hours.
How often should I get lip fillers?
A general recommendation is to have maintenance treatments every 9-12 months, but it usually depends on the type of treatment you used, your general lifestyle, metabolism, age and skin types.
How much do lip fillers cost?
At Misk Beauty, our lip filler treatment costs $499. The initial consultation is $100 which is deducted from the total if you proceed with any of the treatment options.
Where can I get lip fillers?
Misk Beauty is a doctor led cosmetic clinic based in Shellharbour, run by two local doctors. We also serve customers from Unanderra, Dapto, Port Kembla, Albion Park, Jamberoo, Kiama Downs, Kiama and Gerringong.
Contact us today for your initial consultation
At Misk Beauty, we offer premium cosmetic injectables for your desired enhanced natural look. With more than 20 years of professional experience, we’re dedicated to creating custom and safe lip treatments and offer only premium quality lip filler products. Contact us today to book your initial consultation regarding your lip enhancement treatments.