Tired of looking tired? Tear trough and eye bag fillers can be a non-invasive, natural way to restore the lost volume around your eyes. Find out more about this treatment from Misk Beauty and learn how it can help you look younger and more rejuvenated without surgery.
What are tear troughs & eye bags?
Many of us look tired even if we are not. This is because some of us have eye bags (hanging skin under the eyes) or tear troughs (hollowness under the eyes). These can often be hereditary or made worse by lack of sleep, stress or smoking. Tear trough fillers can be used to softly restore the lost volume in this area or to blend eye bags into the cheeks to make them look less obvious.
What are tear trough fillers?
Tear trough fillers are dermal fillers that are injected into the lower eyelid area, which is very sensitive to dehydration and ageing. The purpose of tear trough or under-eye fillers is to rejuvenate the delicate area under the eyes that are prone to the loss of structure, fine lines, wrinkles and dark circles. Effects that can be expected with tear trough treatment are volume loss restoration, hollows and dark circles removal, and adding volume and firming the skin in the target area.
Benefits of tear trough fillers
If you’re unsure whether tear trough fillers are worth the investment or not, here are the main benefits of the treatment:
- Filling in hollows beneath the eyes & refreshed appearance
- Reducing and softening the dark circles under the eyes for a more revitalised look
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles beneath the eyes for a more youthful look
- Relatively safe and quick procedure with no downtime
- The procedure effects are visible instantly
- Long-lasting results (tear trough fillers usually last between 9-12 months)
Tear Trough Filler Treatments at Misk Beauty
Here are some other useful bits of information about tear trough & eye bag fillers you might find interesting:
- Eye bag filler treatment will reduce dark circles and bags under the eyes giving a more youthful, refreshed and radiant look.
- Numbing cream is used before the treatment to make the treatment almost painless especially when combined with our advanced microcannula technique.
- Some swelling is common after the treatment but bruising is uncommon.
- Using only premium dermal filler, the treatment is very safe with minimal side effects.
- Results of tear trough filler treatment are instant!
- The treatment lasts around 9-12 months, but this can be extended if combined with supportive dermal fillers.
- Supportive dermal fillers can strengthen the upper cheek region to support the tear trough area yielding the best cosmetic results as well as potentially extending the longevity of the treatment by a further 3-6 months.
What to expect in our clinic?
At Misk Beauty, we always perform an initial consultation before any treatment. We want to make sure that you’re the right fit for the treatment and that it’s safe for you to use dermal fillers. Therefore, we assess your previous medical history with a focus on previous allergies to some medications and cosmetic treatments.
During the consultation, we also gather information about the skin issues that you’d like to resolve with tear trough fillers. Based on that, we propose a custom treatment for you that includes defining the right dosage, frequency and targeted areas.
More useful information about our treatments can be found here.
What does the treatment look like?
Before the treatment, your under-eye area is cleaned. We also use numbing cream in our treatment to minimise discomfort and pain. The procedure is non-invasive and quick and can take up to 30-45 minutes to complete, so you won’t experience any downtime in your daily routine.
Since the treatment is performed in delicate and sensitive skin areas, you will also get recommendations about aftercare to reduce the possibilities of side effects such as swelling and bruising.
Tear trough procedure aftercare
General instructions for aftercare after the tear trough treatment would include light modifications of your everyday habits such as:
- Avoid sleeping on the treated side of the face until fully recovered
- Avoid intense physical activity in the first 24 hours after the treatment
- Apply a cold compress to reduce the swelling and bruising in the first few days
- Avoid certain skin treatments and skincare products that can create additional stress on the treated area
Tear trough fillers side effects
Side effects and complications that may occur after the procedure include swelling, bruising, skin discolouration, temporary numbness, lumps, and infections (rarely). We always inform our patients about possible side effects and complications before the procedure takes place.
What our clients say
Frequently asked questions
Am I the right candidate for tear trough fillers?
You are a good candidate for the treatment if you have fine lines, hollows or dark circles under your eyes. However, to be sure that the treatment will be completely safe for you, we also want to exclude the possibility of allergies, so we will check your medical history.
If you have thin skin or excess fat under the eyes, the procedure might not suit you. A general rule is also to be at least 18 years old.
What is the cost of the tear trough fillers?
At Misk Beauty, our tear trough filler treatment costs $699 without support or $1,098 with support. The initial consultation is $100 which is deducted from the total if you proceed with any of the treatment options.
How to prepare for the procedure?
To come prepared for the treatment and avoid side effects, avoid alcohol and some medications such as aspirin, and ibuprofen for around a week before the treatment. Those substances can make your blood thinner and can increase the risks of side effects.
Is the treatment painful?
The treatment itself is not painful, and we use local anesthetic and numbing creams to relieve any discomfort. However, some discomfort might occur after the treatment until the dermal fillers are settled and the skin heals.
How long do tear troughs last?
Tear trough fillers last around 9-12 months since the body will metabolise the filler gradually. How soon it can happen greatly depends on the metabolic rate of the patient, lifestyle, age, skin type, skin condition and the dosage of fillers.
Supportive dermal fillers can strengthen the upper cheek region to support the tear trough area yielding the best cosmetic results as well as potentially extending the longevity of the treatment by a further 3-6 months.
Where can I get tear trough fillers?
Misk Beauty is a doctor led cosmetic clinic based in Shellharbour, run by two local doctors. We also serve customers from Unanderra, Dapto, Port Kembla, Albion Park, Jamberoo, Kiama Downs, Kiama and Gerringong. Contact us today to book your initial consultation.
Book your tear trough filler consultation at Misk Beauty
At Misk Beauty, we take pride in offering customised, premium quality and natural-looking dermal solutions for our patients. We offer safe cosmetic injections and premium dermal fillers.
Get in touch today to book your initial consultation at our clinic regarding your tear through filler options.